I’m not an iPhone fan and within next 3 minutes, I know you will join my club of iPhone haters too.
This guy, Gareth Clear decided to go on cycling with his brand new iPhone in his back pocket on a bright sunny day without knowing what’s gonna happen next will land him in a hospital. Suddenly he missed a pedal while cycling and lost his balance off the cycle which resulted in an explosion of iPhone in his back pocket, melting away his biking shorts and causing him third-degree burns.
He posted the images of his burns on Twitter to aware people about the potential danger of using such devices..
He said, “I just saw smoke coming out of my back pocket… and then all of a sudden I felt this surging pain.”
“The phone was stuck to my leg having melted through both my shorts and my Skins.”
He even saw the “black discharge” all down his leg and there was a “smell of phosphorus.”
The more pervasive these are in our lives and the more people use them with a lack of apprehension that something might go wrong, the more that these things will happen,” he said.
He wants to use this painful experience to raise awareness among people about the danger of iPhones.
This might have happened because of the lithium batteries used in iPhones are prone to the explosion on overheating.